Sunday, January 30, 2011

Strong women!!!

I know that I have really strong people around me such as my husband and my bestie Ashley. People I have always known were strong and can get through anything, but it is amazing to see it. One of my best friends for about about 15 years had her very first baby. A baby boy and it was a hard labor and she pushed for about 5 1/2 hours not to mention being induced the day before. Beckett made his arrival though and is so adorable. He was in the NICU because of fluid in his lungs and seeing the strength of an exhausted and sore mother walking down to see him and spend as much time with him as possible is beautiful. Being in the room and watching her move to be by his side at all times made me proud. I am older than Erin my best friend by 5 days, not much but I got married first and had a child first and so when you see your friends starting to do these things its pretty cool, and I had to fight back the tears. I was so proud of her, not that I ever had a thought of her being a bad mom, she has always been great with kids. She was there for me in a time that was really hard for me when my parents divorced. Her family became like my family and I loved going to their house.I loved being around her because we were so silly and we probably drove her parents crazy.  So this same girl who helped me out by being a really great friend has grown into a wife and now a mom. I hope she knows I will always be there for her just the way she was for me, and I haven't forgotten that. I may have lost my way and we may have lost a bit of a connection but I know I could count on her. I'm grateful to have strong people around me.

My other best friend who is like a sister to me lives in Texas and her husband is getting ready to go on his fourth deployment. She has two kids and is basically on her own when he is gone. She is one person who I can to talk no matter what time of day or what is going on at the time and I know I am not bothering her and she is just as happy to talk and when we get to, spend time with me too. It really sucks to have someone that you are that close to,  living so far away, I can't just stop over and see her. It's about twice a year we see each other. I think she is another really strong person, very strong minded and strong willed. I have watched her go through each deployment and I have seen how difficult it is especially being away from your family and friends. Making new friends is hard to do when you are older and it's hard to trust new people. Distance between has never weakened our friendship.

So today I am just thankful and grateful for these people! that is all for today. Thanks for listening, whoever is listening to my emotional blabber.

 Thought I'd put a dumb picture of myself to lighten up this post a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment