Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finally some good news!

After a week home with the little roo for spring break we had a busy day on Monday. Monday the little one went back to school and we headed up to the VA for a CT scan for Josh. After the tests we came home for a bit and picked up malie from school early and back up to the VA for a doctor's appointment where we found out that he is in remission!!! Great news and we feel relieved! But there is a voice in the back of my head that feels like what if they didn't take enough time to look, or maybe I would feel better if I saw it myself. Even though I am not a trained professional but I think it would make me feel better. Josh's doctor at the VA is sending an email to our second opinion doc. Dr. Voss from UNMC to let her know the results and see how often she thinks he should have a check up or scans. It if wasn't for the VA paying for all of this I have no idea how we would have survived financially through all of this. I don't know how people do it! We have been very lucky in that aspect.

After our good news we had Kindergarten round up! Can't believe my little girl is going to kindergarten next year. We didn't stay for the parent meeting though and we went and got a pizza with my sis in law and brought it home and celebrated! My sister in law seemed like the perfect person to be there with us that night, she came to a lot of the treatments and was a big support for Josh. He loves his sissy! His dad was at a lot of treatments too, as many as he could be! Just want to say thanks to all that have supported us and given us good thoughts and prayers. I know that I put a blog on here about support and yes that is how I felt and still do, but you feel like your a lone sometimes when your going through it no matter how much support you have. So for now we have good news, let's hope it stays that way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment