Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Asshole disease, nuf said..

Most of us should have heard the news that Robin Roberts from GMA has a blood disorder that has come about as a result of treatment for cancer. Most of those who have been through treatment or have been closely related to it know that there are secondarey complications that can occur later down the road. This is one of those cases. It never ceases to amaze me how much pain I feel in my heart for those who are diagnosed with the big C or a family member supporting. Watching her try to speak the words to all of their viewers only brought about my own fear and reality. It can come back,you have no control especially when it is my husbands body. We have grown so comfortable being back to normal. I just dont want to go back. As we get closer to the next scan on my friends bday, July 2nd, I get more nervous. It is a gut feeling inside and I am scared. Hearing the words bone marrow transplant strikes something deep in my core. Its a fear I cant explain and I wish her and all those fighting this asshole of a disease the best wishes I could. Stay strong because those who go through this are the most beautiful and strong human beings. I am privaleged to be married to a survivor. He is my hero. I love you babe!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! I am always here for you!!! Love you sweetie!

    Jana

    ReplyDelete